A MEDIUM provides evidence of survival of the human personality beyond the physical state we call death.S/he is the link between the two worlds communicating with people who have died through mind-to-mind contact. Medium-ship is the ability to communicate with people you know in the afterlife. Its objective is to prove survival of the human personality after death and to help the bereaved come to terms with their loss. Medium-istic sittings are not for fortune telling but are experimental sessions to provide evidence of survival. Any attempt to communicate with Spirit is, by its very nature, purely experimental and therefore, results can never be guaranteed.
Medium-ship takes two forms:Physical Medium-ship: Physical phenomena is of such a nature that it is usually demonstrated only at private seances. Any person sitting with the medium can hear or see what is happening. By means of raps, audible voices or materialized figures the spirit people convey intimate information about themselves, their recollection of their earthly lives and details of their lives in the spirit world.
Mental Medium-ship: Mental phenomena is demonstrated through the mind of a medium. Mediums identify three forms of mental medium-ship:
1. CLAIRVOYANCE the medium sees the spirit (almost always in the mind, an image)
2. CLAIR-AUDIENCE the medium hears the spirit (again, this is usually in the mind - such as telepathy)
3. CLAIR-SENTIENCE the medium senses the presence and the thoughts of the spirit. ("feelings")
How Mental Medium-ship WorksMental phenomena is the type most often demonstrated in public. The medium can firstly produce enough information to satisfy the enquirer that their family member, friend or loved one still survives and can give an accurate physical description of themselves, their work, what illness they died of etc.
Once the identity of the spirit person is apparent and accepted, further evidence can be given about shared and past memories to current events in the sitter's life. Further information about hobbies and idiosyncrasies can establish the personality of the communicator. A medium must always act in a responsible and dignified manner and should adhere to a code of conduct. The medium should also be aware of legal, moral and ethical standards in this important work. Mediums who work within the Spiritualist religion are sometimes called SPIRITUALIST MEDIUMS. **Not all Psychics are Mediums, but MOST Mediums have some type of Psychic ability**
Trance medium-ship is a form of mental medium-ship in which the medium is overshadowed by the spirit communicator and allowed to speak directly through the medium. (I don't & have never done this)
Psychic insight: (Psychics who are also Mediums)
Seer-ship: The spirit world cannot predict the future as this is subject to your own free will. However, because the spirit people are unburdened by physical minds and material influences, they can sometimes take a much broader and long-sighted view of the likely outcome of our actions. Then, of course, they will try to make us aware of these likely situations before they arise. Also - these Medium/Psychics may be able to give guidance by using Extrasensory Perception (ESP). For example, If they are able to see the aura of a person, which is a spiritual light around the body, because every aura color has a "meaning" & changes very often, depending on the person's mood, feelings, etc....Then the medium/psychic may be able to intuitively sense what's going on in the person's life. Another gift most may have (but some don't) are telepathic abilities and may gain guidance for the future through precognition. For this reason people like us may call ourselves PSYCHIC MEDIUMS because we display a mix of gifts within medium-ship and seer-ship. ; )
Another form of "seeing" is known as REMOTE VIEWING - (I can do, to an extent, but not strong)
Remote viewing is a mental faculty that allows a perceiver (a "viewer") to describe or give details about a target that is inaccessible to normal senses due to distance, time, or shielding. For example, a viewer might be asked to describe a location on the other side of the world, which he or she has never visited; or a viewer might describe an event that happened long ago; or describe an object sealed in a container or locked in a room; or perhaps even describe a person or an activity; all without being told anything about the target -- not even its name or designation. This IS different in how a "medium" may also be able to do close to, or near the same thing..... A "medium" get's her information through mental images, words, thought or feelings from a person they are "connecting" with. In addition, many times mediums are given information in "symbolic" form & for this reason, they often have to guess or assume what they may or may not be "seeing"...... A person with the ability to utilize "Remote Viewing" may or may not be a medium.
From this explanation, however, it is obvious that remote viewing is related to some form of psi (also known as "psychic" or "para-psychological") phenomena such as clairvoyance or telepathy. Whatever it is that seems to make it possible for human beings to do remote viewing is probably the same underlying ability that makes such things as clairvoyance work. But remote viewing (or "RV") differs from other, more traditional parapsychological activities in a number of ways:
- Most reports of paranormal events come from outside the science lab, and when research is done on these cousins of RV, it was usually the ability of Clairvoyance (RV's closest relative) & done under controlled conditions for research purposes. It was generally targeted at such things as cards or colors, since these sorts of targets allowed easy scoring of experimental results. Remote viewing, on the other hand, was actually developed and first explored in a research setting (more about this in the history section). And the sorts of targets used for RV research differed from those typically used in other psi research. Targets chosen for "viewing" include geographic locations, hidden objects, and even such things as archaeological sites and space objects about which it was expected that ground truth would eventually become known, so that the viewer's accuracy could be checked.
- Unlike most other psi disciplines, remote viewing is not precisely one thing, but rather an integrated "cocktail" of various phenomena. Despite the "viewing" part of the term, remote viewing is only partly about experiences associated with what might be visible about a target. It also involves mental impressions pertaining to the other senses, such as sounds, tastes, smells, and textures, as well as limited telepathy-like effects, and in some cases just plain intuitive "knowing." RV owes some of these qualities to the fact that lessons learned from research in clairvoyance, telepathy, and even out-of-body experiences -- traditionally considered separate disciplines -- played a role in its development.
- In remote viewing, the viewer not only verbalizes what he or she is perceiving, but usually also records in writing, in sketches, and sometimes even in three-dimensional modeling the results of the remote viewing episode, or "session."
- Remote viewing tends to be more structured than other psi disciplines. In some important varieties of remote viewing, viewers follow specific scripted formats. These formats are designed to enhance the viewer's performance in various ways, such as to better deal with mental "noise" (stray thoughts, imaginings, analysis, etc. that degrades the "psychic signal") or to allow incoming data to be better managed. Some of these structural methodologies are widely used. Other methods are more personal. An individual remote viewer, for example, might ~through trial and error develop his or her own customized approach.
- Remote viewing is not used to give "psychic readings," "tell fortunes," "read auras," or other sorts of popular activities of this nature, but is rather a means of doing serious science research and for performing operational-type tasks in criminal investigations, government intelligence work, commercial applications, etc. Many who want to explore their individual human potentials also become interested in it. (This is very important to have if trying to locate a missing person.....and even with this ability....they may clearly see the exact area of the missing person, yet still......never find them because what they see could and probably does describe 1000's of spaces..... It would take enormous amounts of time & proper meditation to actually pin point the exact - "x marks the spot" - location of a missing person.) Even though RV carries with it many psi traits, it's not really a "psychic phenomenon" as such, but actually an imposed discipline or skill, which can BE developed & strengthened, that helps the viewer to facilitate or "harness" his or her own innate, underlying psi abilities. Some RV theorists think that formal RV methods are really just strategies that help the viewer to more successfully and reliably access the subconscious, where it is most likely that information obtained from RV first emerges into human consciousness. It is for this very reason, I use every method available to me when trying to obtain any knowledge at all regarding a missing person's case........hoping that my information gathered from combined psi/medium abilities will at least give clue, if only to ONE person, of where, what, who, etc...I am referring to. A VERY HARD TASK - I can only pray that the longer I continue trying, the stronger this ability will become, until one day I am successful in this pursuit..... God willing ~